Tony

Tony

From the actual ingredients and quality to the cooking methods, the entire process to get the food to the table is unknown in a restaurant.

What kind of oil is the dining establishment using? Are they reusing their oil over and over? Do they use questionable ingredients as a shortcut for flavor? Are the surfaces, cutting boards, utensils, and dishes clean? Are they sterilizing properly?

Restaurants such as Chipotle in has faced repeated food contamination issues in recent years. They're now committed to transparency and new processes to keep this from happening again.

Portions served these days are huge. People consistently consume more food and drink when offered larger-sized portions. Have you seen the sizes of the plates many places use? It is well known that when offered smaller-sized versions, people will eat less.

How much salt? Is there sugar in my food? All of these can be unknows when eating out.

While not as convenient, and more time-consuming... Eating at home does have many health advantages.

Last edited:
cheryl

cheryl

Administrator
Staff member
Restaurant food isn’t meant to sustain your good health. Restaurants are there to get you hooked on their delicious food. Their food has to taste better than good, it has to be great. Great enough that you can't wait to come back.

What do you add to a dish to make it taste great? Salt, fat, and sugar. They're also addictive...

P

Puck

Registered
I eat out all the time. I could stand to lose a few lbs... May have to start going to Trader Joe's and making some healthy meals at home.