Why Am I Always Hungry? 12 Reasons Why Experts Say You Feel Hunger Pangs Constantly

cheryl

cheryl

Administrator
Staff member
Why Am I Always Hungry? 12 Reasons Why Experts Say You Feel Hunger Pangs Constantly - Good Housekeeping

Your appetite may be sneakily influenced by things happening before and after mealtime.

Ah, there it is again — hunger, causing your tummy to grumble and your mind to drift away from the task in front of you. "Didn't I just have lunch an hour ago?" you might ask yourself as you make your fifth trip to peer into the fridge again. Hunger is natural and is supposed to be self-regulated; these days, everyone on talk shows and on Instagram seem to be talking about "intuitive" eating — or listening to your body's needs, especially when you feel hungry. We bet you know when you've crossed a line, though, and "snacking" turns into an unintentional fourth or fifth meal. If you constantly feel hungry no matter what you're eating, it's time to think about what you're putting on the plate.

Sometimes, an unchecked increase in appetite can be explained by other health conditions or life situations (such as breast feeding), or even by medications you take. But more often, there may be other choices you're making during the day that might unintentionally add fuel to your endless appetite. Below, with the help of a holistic panel of health experts assembled by Good Housekeeping, we explore some of the reasons you may be feeling hungry all of the time — and how to fix them, starting right now.