When It Comes To Food, The Future And The Past Come Together

cheryl

cheryl

Administrator
Staff member
When It Comes To Food, The Future And The Past Come Together - Forbes

Food tech is heating up. With a global population set to grow to upwards of 9 billion in the next 30 years, technology is playing an increasingly important role in food production -- but it’s not just the scale or method of production that will change.

As technology gives us more insight and control into how food affects our bodies, the way we think about food is changing as well.

I now work in the digital development field, but I started my career in food. I have over 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry, and I’ve managed, owned, and operated restaurants, nightclubs and bars all over the country. I’ve also worked with professional chefs, mixologists and suppliers, making this a particularly important topic for me.

Right now, the food industry is moving forward in a big way. Advances in genetic technology are reshaping our understanding of nutrition, and new capabilities in food science are reengineering artificial meat. But, as we’ll see, moving forward with food may mean returning to our past.