These Are the Best Spots for Hiking and Camping in Alaska, According to a Professional Traveler Who Quarantined There

cheryl

cheryl

Administrator
Staff member
These Are the Best Spots for Hiking and Camping in Alaska, According to a Professional Traveler Who Quarantined There - Travel and Leisure

“I truly believe that the desire of exploring and adventuring will continue when the pandemic is done.”

Juno Kim is taking quarantine in stride. In fact, she’s taking many of those strides right now as she quarantines in her home state of Alaska.

The professional traveler returned to the 49th state in April, just as the coronavirus pandemic took hold of the world. But rather than sitting and wallowing in sadness over the fact that she could no longer travel the world, Kim decided it was high time to explore her own backyard.

During the quarantine, I’d like to think that we all learned what’s really important in life: people to care for and the pleasure of being in nature,” Kim shared with Travel + Leisure. “After living almost a quarantine-life in Korea for two months, two weeks after I got back to Alaska, I certainly appreciated our great outdoors...and spending time with people in my life.”