Bad news: Greasy food will make your hangover worse

cheryl

cheryl

Administrator
Staff member
Bad news: Greasy food will make your hangover worse - The Orion

You’ve woken up with a headache, nausea and are somehow more tired than before you went to sleep. This isn’t a case of the flu or common cold, but rather a side effect of a few too many margaritas from the festivities of the night before.

I can admit that I’ve been in this position more often than not after a night of drinking. As irresponsible as it sounds, it’s become a routine with my friends and I to wake up groggy and out-of-focus. With ibuprofen in hand, we usually make our way either to the most readily available breakfast joint or anywhere that will sell a burrito the size of a human head.

This greasy meal is only a quick relief, for the most part. On a hungover day, those 20 minutes of indulging in the ultimate cheat foods feel amazing at the moment, but the symptoms come back to haunt the remainder of the day. There’s no mystery behind why we automatically crave these foods either. Part of having a hangover is dehydration and this makes us crave fatty and oily foods whether we like it or not, according to Spoon University.