According To TikTok, Cereal Is The Official Food Of Lockdown

cheryl

cheryl

Administrator
Staff member
According To TikTok, Cereal Is The Official Food Of Lockdown - Refinery29

As adults, we yearn for the days spent in pajamas, feasting on cereal in front of the television. Given the circumstances of lockdown, sometimes, there's nothing better to do but watch TV in our pajamas all morning. Now is as good a time as ever to revisit your favorite childhood cartoons (or delve into some newer ones, like Netflix's Midnight Gospel). And cereal, is no doubt, a key component of this ritual.

This week, we're seeing the resurgence of a popular cereal box-folding hack on TikTok, originally made viral around the end of April, when the country was in peak quarantine. The hack involves folding in the sides of the cereal box like a paper bag, folding in the back flap flatly against the inside of the box, and tucking the front flap into the rear fold. I tried it with my own box of Lucky Charms, and while it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in its ability to maintain the cereal's freshness, it is an attractive way to fold in the flaps of your cardboard cereal box.

Tony

Tony

I can't remember the last time I ate cereal. What a waste of calories, like opening up a box of crap. :p