36 Tips for How to Travel With Kids That Will Save Your Next Family Vacation

cheryl

cheryl

Administrator
Staff member
36 Tips for How to Travel With Kids That Will Save Your Next Family Vacation - Good Housekeeping

By plane or by car, unruly toddlers are no match for our pro travel advice.

Getting away as a family is never an easy feat — in fact, few things cause parents more anxiety than the idea of traveling with their children, whether you’re packing up the car or taking a plane. But when you know how to travel with kids, all those fears go out the window and you can rest assured that your family vacation will be a getaway for the (good) memory books.

As a former flight attendant, I flew all over the world watching parents struggle with their kids on short- and long-haul flights. But I also observed tons of family-travel strategies that work really, really well. Add to that all the product testing we do in the travel category at the Good Housekeeping Institute, and the fact that so many of our Lab experts are parents themselves — I’m now the parent of a very well-traveled 5-year-old — and it’s safe to say that this is the only guide to traveling with kids that you’ll ever need.