Why the travel industry can’t wait to take action on sustainability

cheryl

cheryl

Administrator
Staff member
Why the travel industry can’t wait to take action on sustainability - Linked In

Although focus on sustainability, particularly environmental sustainability, has waxed and waned over the years, it’s an issue that’s long been close to my heart. It’s also, I’m proud to say, an area BCD has remained dedicated to for several years. (We’ve made significant gains in reducing our carbon impact by 2030, which you can read more about here).

It’s worth noting when we talk about sustainability at BCD, we’re not just talking about protecting the planet. It’s the way we approach and ethically manage our environmental, social and financial responsibilities to ensure our ongoing business success without limiting options for future generations. We break it out into six focus areas: (1) Governance, Ethics & Compliance; (2) Workplace Practices; (3) Environment; (4) Sustainable Procurement; (5) Service Performance; and (6) Charity & Community Support.

But in this post, I’m going to focus on the environment because it’s the conversation that’s most prevalent in the travel industry right now.