Whole Foods skewered on TikTok for throwing out 'good' food

cheryl

cheryl

Administrator
Staff member
Whole Foods skewered on TikTok for throwing out 'good' food - Fox

Critics are asking why Whole Foods did not donate the food rather than let it go to waste

Whole Foods is getting heat on social media after a self-proclaimed dumpster diver posted videos to TikTok claiming that one location is throwing away large amounts of unexpired food that the anonymous user says should have been donated rather than tossed out.

TikTok user @dumpsterdiverfreegan has made a splash posting a series of videos purportedly showing big hauls of food she took from an undisclosed Whole Foods location, and the top post has been viewed more than 2.7 million times.

"Every time I come to this particular store, I find cases of organic food that is thrown out well before its ‘best by’ date," the TikTok user says, claiming, "Last night, I found enough meat to feed an entire community."

Several of the dumpster diver's posts are now being shared by users on Twitter, and the reaction on both platforms has been overwhelmingly critical of not only Whole Foods, but retailers at large who throw out items that appear perfectly fine.