Traveling Solo Is One of the Best Things You Can Do for Yourself

cheryl

cheryl

Administrator
Staff member

Traveling Solo Is One of the Best Things You Can Do for Yourself - Her Campus

One of my biggest fears when I came to England to study abroad was not making friends who wanted to travel with me. To me, studying abroad was synonymous with making the best friends of your life and seeing the globe with them. But, so far, that hasn’t been my experience. Well, not entirely.

I’ve met some great people from all over the world, and we’ve been planning some amazing trips together. But I’ve also run into moments where I wanted to go somewhere that they weren’t interested in. I was worried, because if they didn’t want to go, should I even bother?

But, then I got some advice that really changed my perspective: If you don’t do it alone, you might not ever get the chance. That shook me up. I realized that unless I did some solo traveling, I would leave the U.K. with a lot of regret.

We’ve been conditioned to think that traveling is only worth it if you’re doing it with a family member, friend or partner. But, just like spending time with yourself is important, I’ve learned that traveling by yourself is crucial, too. There are so many reasons why I love solo travel, but I have condensed them to my top four.