Solo Travel Can Reinvigorate Your Mind, Body, and Soul

cheryl

cheryl

Administrator
Staff member
Solo Travel Can Reinvigorate Your Mind, Body, and Soul - Vice

Don't wait around for flaky friends or tour groups - head out on your own and open yourself to the world

There is an overwhelming movement towards solo travel happening right now. Tour operators and travel agents are reporting the trend: the reaction of millennials seeking unusual experiences rather than predictable holidays with friends or loved ones.

It’s firstly important to note that solo traveling doesn’t actually, necessarily, mean being alone. Instead, solo traveling – the concept – is about giving yourself the potential to expose yourself to different situations, places, and people you simply wouldn’t be able to when traveling with groups of people you already know.

As a lover of travel, I’ve made some of my closest friends over shared moments that began alone. When drunk at festivals, with no phone or idea where I am. Or being thrown into the company of others when nabbing the last place on an organised tour group. On other occasions, it is just the privilege of time that enables us to make connections, as conversations open up in coffee shops, on trains, or around hotel swimming pools.