Should you be eating the same lunch every day?

cheryl

cheryl

Administrator
Staff member
Should you be eating the same lunch every day? - NBC News

Devotees say it boosts productivity, reduces stress, and helps them eat healthy.

Emma Heilbronner started eating the same lunch every day back in 2017 when she entered the workforce. “It works for me now because it takes the thought out of what I’ll be eating for lunch,” she says. “It’s one less thing to make a decision about.”

For the 24-year-old Boston-based public relations manager, workdays do not look the same, but her lunch does. She sticks with a meal for a few months, and then switches it up and sticks with that one for the next several months. “Having a reliable, standard meal that keeps me full and balances my blood sugar is really the most important thing when it comes to my eating — especially during the busy workday,” she tells NBC News BETTER. Currently, Heilbronner’s lunch is a sandwich with sprouted bread, turkey, avocado, cucumber and lettuce.

Brooke Van Sickle, a 29-year-old digital marketer based in Des Moines, Iowa, started eating a turkey and hummus wrap with a cheese stick when she was working as a property manager. “I needed something quick and easy to make in the morning when I was rushing off to work,” she says.

Now she works from home, but continues to make herself the same lunch.