Japanese Billionaire Making a Stop on the ISS Before His Big Trip to the Moon on Elon's Rocket

cheryl

cheryl

Administrator
Staff member
Japanese Billionaire Making a Stop on the ISS Before His Big Trip to the Moon on Elon's Rocket - Gizmodo

A Japanese fashion magnate, who has booked an all-civilian SpaceX flight ‘round the moon for 2023, has now announced that he’s also making an earlier trip this December to the International Space Station. On Thursday, billionaire Yusaku Maezawa tweeted: “Going to the ISS before the Moon 🚀.” Sounds perhaps slightly more action-packed than the 2023 moon trip, which will consist entirely of orbiting a rock where nothing happens, and gazing at the Earth, a location where everything happens. Perhaps ponder the fact that money is no good on the moon, and then go home.

The trip is facilitated by space tour agency Space Adventures, which has arranged space tours for a handful of monied clients, primarily tech entrepreneurs, including billionaire engineer Dennis Tito, Mark Shuttleworth, and Anousheh Ansari. Maezawa will board the Russian Soyuz MS-20 from Kazakhstan and spend 12 days in space accompanied by a cosmonaut and his personal production assistant.

In a statement published by ABC News, Maezawa said “I’m so curious, ‘What’s life like in space?’ So, I am planning to find out on my own and share with the world.” He can tweet about it while he’s up there.