Child with food allergy dies after inhaling fish fumes, father says

cheryl

cheryl

I started this
Staff member
#1
Child with food allergy dies after inhaling fish fumes, father says - Anchorage Daily News

Cod was cooking on the stove when 11-year-old Cameron Jean-Pierre arrived at his grandmother's home in New York.

Cameron, who had a known allergy to seafood, started to wheeze during the visit this week, so his father said he reached for his son's asthma medication. But this time, the nebulizer machine that Cameron had used during allergy attacks in the past, did not seem to be working - the young boy could not breathe in the air, his father said.

"That's when I called 911," his father, Steven Jean-Pierre, said Thursday in a phone interview with The Washington Post. Jean-Pierre said his son was gasping, saying: "I love you, Daddy. I love you. I feel like I'm dying."

The boy was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
 
Top