Better Control of Your Emotions Will Help You Create Better Habits

cheryl

cheryl

Administrator
Staff member
Better Control of Your Emotions Will Help You Create Better Habits - Time

One reason our resolutions don’t last, our diets don’t work, and our resolves weaken is because sustaining motivation is hard. And that’s not your fault. In my new book, Tiny Habits: The Small Changes that Change Everything, I show you how to hack your motivation and make changes that last by using my Tiny Habits method, which is based on over two decades of original research and the personal coaching of over 40,000 people. It’s simple: break down big change into tiny actions, find where they fit naturally into your life, and then you feel good by celebrating. That’s it. People are shocked at how easy and fast this system works when it comes to forming habits.

There is a direct connection between what you feel when you do a behavior and the likelihood that you will repeat the behavior in the future. When I unearthed this connection between emotions and habits in my research on the Tiny Habits method, I was surprised I had not seen this truth before. Like an answer to a riddle, it was suddenly so obvious. I wondered why this insight was not already common knowledge.